Thursday, September 12, 2013

Week three

We are at that point, it's week three and we're starting to hit that weird part in the season. This is the time where everyone starts to get sick, fall behind on homework, struggle a little in practice and start to miss home. This is the best and worst part of the season. It really shows you who you are, it shows how much you really can accomplish and how far you  can push yourself.

We are two weeks from our alumni meet and a month from Hawaii, followed by our first meet of the season, home opener against U of A. This year is flying by already. Senior year can't be going by this fast, there's so much to do. I want to get the most of out of this year. 

Siting in class I am starting to feel everything already hit me. I am so sore from weights.... FROM MONDAY! I am mentally exhausted from all the readings and really just want to nap. There's no time in the day for that though.

My coach always says you have three things:
1. social life
2. school
3. diving

Now pick two, as that's all you have time for. That makes me sad because I have social life, school, diving, friends, work, me time, church and more. So if I have to pick two I am making some big sacrifices, but there is also time for everything, you just have to learn how to manage it.

That's what I am constantly working on finding that balance. 

-Kersten xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment