Thursday, September 5, 2013

Life in the fast lane

Busy, busy busy. That's all I can describe my life as at the moment. It's one thing after another, but that's life as a division 1 athlete. 

At the moment I'm sitting in class listening to lecture thinking about the past week of school and practice, things have changed so much since freshman year. 

I struggled every day in practice freshman year. I hurt for days and nearly cried during dry-land. I wrote down the dives I wanted to learn during my duration as an athlete at the U. I could barley stay awake in class and was struggling to do homework.

Senior year I am doing every dive I ever wrote down on that board. I am killing it in dry-land, getting better each day, 3 more pushups, 5 more pike ups, day by day. I am staying awake in class and maintaining a 3.6 GPA. 

I am really enjoying my classes this semester. I get to go out into the community and do really interesting projects and work with different groups with an amazing group of people. 

I am loving diving. I am shocked at how well everything is falling into place. I worked my butt off this summer diving and I felt I wasn't getting anywhere, but after practice on Tuesday I got out of the water and Richard told me I am mid-season ready. That's the greatest compliment I could have ever asked for. 

The freshmen on our team are absolutely adorable and amazing. They are going to do so well and they are the best freshmen class that has come into the program. 

I am excited to see what they do. 

-Kersten xo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment