Friday, June 28, 2013

Be in the present

Late night, early morning. I'm starting to feel the effects of lack of sleep kick in. Today I had practice at 8 a.m. Not too bad, but any time you step on the board that early it feels like it's around 5 a.m. Surprisingly it was an amazing practice! I am fixing my hurdle (the technique used to get to the end of the board). It finally came together and started to let me jump higher and actually be able to finish my dives. I was having issues with twisting on my entry, and I fixed that too. Maybe the lack of sleep my ability to not over think my dive really helped.

Diving is such a mental sport. When you are thinking of other things, especially negative things it really effects what you do off the board and into the water. I try my best to leave my thoughts of things besides diving at the door, sometimes it's difficult, but other times it makes it so diving is a safe place, an escape from reality.

Today I learned a fair about life in general. There needs to be balance. Having a perfect life isn't being great at just one thing there needs to be balance. I was told to listen to this one song by The Byrds called Turn, Turn, Turn! The Words were adapted from The Bible, book of Ecclesiastes. The song states that there is a time for everything. Time to laugh, time to cry. Everything we do in our life isn't worthless, but there needs to be a balance and we need to live in the present. Make sure everything we do that day makes us happy. If you're doing something that doesn't make you happy, change it!


No comments:

Post a Comment