Sunday, June 16, 2013

The hills of life

Well last night I got the chance to actually spend some time with my team. YAY.


I tend to work until 11 p.m. almost every night so I'm exhausted. I was lucky and was able to get off of work early!! That meant I got to see some of my teammates I haven't seen in forever. It was a great night and I'm so lucky to have such amazing people in my life.

This morning I woke up feeling great. Wanted to hit the gym and just relax before another eight hour shift and a jump into the new week.

Lately I have been having a tough time with someone not understanding that I want my own time. I want my free time, and space so that I can do what I want to do. I understand I get up bright and early and head to bed way after the sun goes down. It's what I want right now. I want to have an amazing summer full of memories, but also be training toward my senior year! I feel like people are having a tough time understanding and accepting this. I just wish they could see it from my perspective. I love my friends and care about them a lot, just wish they'd stop being so upset with me.

In my workout world, one of my wonderful teammates Melissa (she is a swimmer) said she would workout with me today. She is unreal! Her idea of a workout is us nearly dying. There is this HUGE hill by her house and she usually runs up and down it six times, timing herself each time. I give her major credit. I have asthma and well it sure kicked in. After the third run up I nearly passed out. She was ready to keep going. During the second run up I wanted to just quit, but she kept me going...

This got me thinking. The hills of life. Sometimes we have to climb a steep hill, barely being able to reach the top.. But when we reach that top the view is amazing and well it gets easier. Hard work does pay off, may take a while, but it is always rewarding.

-Kersten xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment