Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hello my name is...

When you first meet someone you introduce yourself. A person makes a decision about you in the first 15 seconds, so make sure you have your "elevator speech" ready.

"Hello my name is Kersten Merry. I am a diver at the University of Utah, but I was born and raised in Canada. And I am a division I NCAA athlete"

An "elevator speech" is something I learned about this past weekend at the NCAA Career in Sports Forum. You never know who you are going to meet, or when your dream opportunity presents itself so make sure you have exactly what you're going to say down pact.

I am starting this blog as a class assignment, but also to share my experiences being a diver at the division one level. Sometimes I have friends who don't exactly understand why I don't have time for things, or why when in a group for a class project my schedule is a little crazier than theirs. Knowledge is power and I want people to see things from my perspective. Everyone is different so my experience may be different from the next athlete, so please take that into consideration.

If you have any questions along the way I would love to hear them.

-Kersten xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment