Friday, June 14, 2013

Let's Do This

Starting new. That's what everyone hopes they can do, but we have to remember "the grass is always greener on the other side." 

I read this quote, yes I love my quotes, and it got me thinking...

"Don't wait until everything is just right... There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger..." - Mark Victor Hansen

6:00 a.m. - I hit the elliptical hard. It wasn't for a long time, but it was enough to wake me up and feel good.

Summer training differs A LOT compared to being in season. Everyone kind of does their own thing, travel, work, school, not train as much, so motivation drops more than 70 percent. 

In season we usually practice twice a day Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. With a morning and afternoon off. We practice Saturdays for a few hours and have Sundays off.

Practices include: dry land, weight training and diving.

This summer I have a lot of goals heading into the 2013-2014 season. I had the chance to finally sit down with my coach and ask him what he thinks of everything. I realized this is my last year, I can complain about practices, or give it my all. I choose the second option.

Now I'm just working away....

-Kersten xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment