Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fitness: skinny vs. fit

"I can be skinny after my senior year!" I told my teammate that today during practice. I don't mean I am obese or overweight, I mean I am in training mode.

I haven't really lifted since December when I hit my foot on the board, as I wasn't able to put much impact on it. I lost ALL of my muscle and I personally felt great. I loved looking at myself in a mirror in passing. Today was my second day back in the weight room, and about my fifth day doing daily cardio. I already have that feeling of "I'm getting bigger" not necessarily in a bad way, but in a muscular way. I guess it's tough to define the difference. For my sport I need leg power and pretty much every other muscle. With loosing a lot of my muscle in the past six months I saw a "skinny" side of myself, but it doesn't help with my diving. Yes I feel great, but I was struggling pushing the board. Now I'm back to lifting and already feeling like uh this is going to be a long year. I need to realize that it's awesome I am putting on muscle, as it will benefit me through my senior season. I can be skinny if I want when I'm finished my last meet... But than again I may eat a lot of junk food haha.

Remember: skinny doesn't necessarily mean fit.

When you start seeing the numbers add on the scale instead of subtract, don't panic. If you're eating healthy, working out and giving it your all you're gaining that muscle, not fat. Again this is another reminder for myself!

-Kersten xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment