Thursday, June 13, 2013

New Start

What are your top three values? Are you following them in your everyday life?

My values are:
1. Family
2. Courage
3. Faith

At the end of the day when everything else is falling apart you have your family. Even at rock bottom your family can give you the courage that everything will be alright. And you just need that faith to reassure you of all of that.

I feel like I have been compromising my values to be where I am in my life. That is something that should never be done. I learned about this this past weekend at the NCAA Career in Sports Forum.

The NCAA Career in Sports Forum is a conference for NCAA athletes through Division I,II and III. I spent four days with athletes in different sports from all over the nation who aspire to have a career in sports. We had the chance to learn about the NCAA as an organization, about potential sports careers, how to network, and mainly about ourselves. I am so blessed and lucky to have had such an amazing experience surrounding myself by motivated, inspirational and amazing athletes and facilitators.



I tweeted my first day back to reality. "Yesterday I woke up surrounded by inspirational, talented and motivated people. Today I woke up realizing I have some things to change."

Today I made a change, it's only one day, but it is a start.

Life as a DI athlete is busy, never ending but extremely rewarding.

-Kersten xo

No comments:

Post a Comment