Thursday, July 18, 2013

A little Kenny to make it alright


With my little brother around I want to just hang out with him and forget that I actually have things to do. I am really enjoying having him here, nice seeing family. With me being so busy I don’t know if he is really getting to enjoy hanging out with me. He is sitting in front of his Xbox quite a bit; when I get the chance I take him to do something exciting. 

After another practice where I’m feeling like I am going backwards instead of forward I had the chance to feel like a “normal” person. 

Practices have been rough this week. I haven’t been able to hit really any of my dives. I still can’t grasp the concept of my front three and a half. I keep drawing into my tuck instead of kicking my heels and getting the drive on the dive. I have tried numerous things to try and get it. Caleb has been great in helping me, but I still am struggling to get the dive. Have you ever had something that you are trying so hard to do, but you just can’t seem to figure it out? It seems almost hopeless. I need this dive for competition this year and the end result doesn’t even come up in my radar. 

On the “normal” side of things I got to go see one of my favorite country stars, Kenny Chesney. I went with one of my teammates and it was a blast. Sometimes you have to enjoy a little, treat yourself to a night away from everything. That is what I did. I sang so loud I nearly lost my voice and I got just be me without a worry.

Note to self and everyone reading this:


"Well I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not I'm sure happy with what I've got I live to love and laugh a lot And that’s all I need"




No comments:

Post a Comment