Saturday, July 13, 2013

Finding that balance

Being a D1 athlete there is that fine line of finding balance. There is not enough time in the day it feels, but we do, it's just how we manage our time.

My friends are extremely important to me and between practices, work and school I find it hard to fit them into a schedule. It's bad when you have to schedule your friends. I have changed plans a million times with a good friend of mine. She was our team captain last year and someone I have always been able to really bond with. It all worked out that I was able to meet up with her (Dani), Nicole (my freshman roommate) and Melissa (one of my closest friends) and have some froyo (frozen yogurt).


I had team building for my work that afternoon and had an amazing time! As much as work gets annoying, tough and frustrating I have such an amazing work family! I know they would do anything for me and I would do anything for them. An afternoon just hanging out, go karting and playing so arcade games was just what I needed.
The evening I got that chance to spend with some amazing ladies who are extremely inspirational. Over a two and a half hour talk we poured our hearts and I left feeling better than I ever have. To sit and talk about everything that has happened since the day I got to Utah inside the pool and outside of the pool and to realize how far we all have come is truly amazing. I have grown up a lot and seeing my teammates and friends grow into the amazing people they are is breathtaking. Nicole has found so much peace within herself. She is a cross fit guru and she has found that family outside of the team. Finding a group of friends besides the ones you spend every moment with is extremely important. It's all about that balance. 

Leaving the conversation we all agreed that having more nights like that is needed and even though we are all extremely busy and feel like there is no time... We need to make the time. We all walked away feeling new and happy. I honestly am so blessed to have amazing friends and teammates. 2013-2014 will be an amazing season and a great senior year.

-Kersten xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment