Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th!

Today is the 4th of July also known as Independence Day in the United States of America. This is pretty much a first for me! Did you know you can buy fireworks from a stand and light them on your driveway? Yeah... I was shocked too.

I guess you can consider this a day off! Those don't come often being an athlete, even a day off means you are still training. I actually took today off. I am EXHAUSTED.


Life outside of the pool lately hmm.. Trying to have that normal "college experience" right? Well I am writing for the school paper. My first article was just published on Tuesday. Check it out here. 
One of the girls at my work just asked me "What don't you do?!" I laughed and said have a normal life. I sometimes wish I could just get up and go places. Again not all D1 athletes have the busy insane I live. I am trying to have the best college experience, build my resume and dive at a competitive collegiate level. I sometimes think I am insane, but at the end of the day I can look back and be so proud of everything I have accomplished.

 Summertime is the time for fun right?? Well I feel I'm busier in the summer than during season. Work, internship, diving, classes, friends, vacation is hidden in there somewhere right? I could go for a nice long week vacation sitting on the beach somewhere maybe not as warm as Utah has been haha. Then again couldn't everyone?

Taking each day one day at time, or as my Mom likes to say: take it one minute at a time.

HAPPY AMERICA DAY

-Kersten xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment