Wednesday, July 31, 2013

CANADA

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post anything the past few days I was enjoying being at home with my friends and family.

Did you know you really get to know someone when you spend over 32 hours in a car with them? Try it you will be surprised. You can either really end up hating them or end up wanting to spend another 32 hours in a car with them.

Being so far away from home being a D1 athlete I really forget the simple things of home, such as a Tim Hortons coffee or how Alberta you see nothing but sky. If you have lived in Utah all of your life go somewhere without the mountains so you can experience what it is like to have a full sky, not a half sky. You realize how important your friends really are; you learn who your true friends are. Being away for so long not many people will stick around, but they ones who do are your true friends.

Edmonton is home for me. It is truly beautiful and peaceful. As soon as I crossed the border into Canada I felt as ease. It's so simple, nothing else matters. Going home is just that little piece of heaven you get to enjoy once in a while.

Life slows down when you're at home. No practices, no classes, no worries. Simple and easy.

-Kersten xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment