Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Have goals, dreams and expectations

Tomorrow I will be running my first 10km race. It is still weird to say. If anyone knows me they know how much I HATE running; I struggle to run a mile. I decided to set a goal, cross it off my bucket list and do this thing!

Last year I ran a 5km race and it went fairly well. I ran it in a good time without too much training. I was lucky to have the support of my teammates, coach and friend (he ran the race with me). This time my little brother Andrew will be volunteering at the finish line and I have a few close friends who will be watching me cross off a goal I have always wanted to accomplish.

My best friend/teammate Jasmine, coach Richard and me after my 5km last year

My goal for this is to beat my coach who is running in the half marathon. We start at the same time, and his pace will be a lot faster but he will be starting a good 10miles behind me, hopefully that is enough time to get myself moving. My goal is to finish the race between 50minutes and 1 hour and 10 minutes. That means I am looking at a 9minute mile pace. I haven't done much training for this race but when I was I had been doing 9minute and 22 second miles. So tomorrow will be a true test of what I can do.

Wish me luck and I will let you know how it went, after I can feel my legs again.

-Kersten xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment