Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Getting excited

All I am going to say is IS IT NEXT YEAR YET?! I'm actually getting extremely excited for my senior year. Yes it is extremely sad it will be my last year, but diving is actually going quite well that I'm beyond excited for season to start.

Today I had outdoor practice at eight! My coach came back today too! So it was just me practicing. Kind of lonely, not going to lie, but it went surprisingly well. I worked on a dive off of 10 meter, my favorite so it wasn't too bad. I also started working on inwards again. I have a HUGE fear of inward dives, it goes back to when I hit the board in December. I currently an inward two and a half somersaults pike off of 10meter, but I really want to get an inward three and a half somersaults tuck. This is the summer to do it and get it! Learning new dives are extremely scary, but that's why I love diving. Diving is the one sport that will always give you an adrenaline rush, even if you have done it a million times. Standing on the edge of the 10meter platform backwards, throwing yourself toward the platform and insane speeds... Yeah nothing beats that feeling :)

Second practice was another enjoyable practice. I am finally getting everything I couldn't grasp before. Starting to see what my coach means about certain dives. The summer is an amazing time to practice because there is actually time to break things down. During season it's competition after competition so it is extremely hard to work on basics and technique. I am so happy I chose to stay here and train this summer, as much as I miss home.

Well it's that time... Work time!

-Kersten xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment