Saturday, July 13, 2013

Why can't I get this?

This past week has been a busy one and I'm sorry I hadn't  had the chance to even just jot down what has been happening practice wise.

So I was a "normal" college student for a little bit this week working on some new stories for the school paper. As I have mentioned before I do sports writing and trying to get that resume building, college experience I decided this is a good way... Well it is extremely time consuming. Interviews here there, phone and in person. I'm starting to realize what it takes to be a journalist... Maybe not exactly my thing, but the experience is there and I'm doing my best to embrace it. I also get to see the other side. I am the one to ask the questions not the other way around, which is new and a little nerve racking. I don't want to write the wrong story, but I also want to make sure I am getting all the information out.

Diving has been going quite well. I am back up on 3meter still. EEEE! So last year around this time I had quite an incident. I smacked pretty hard on one of my dives....

Watch it here

After that I had a long struggle to do it again. I was scared and always nervous. By the end of my season I was able to claim it as my favorite dive. Yesterday I had to get up and do it after a few months of not doing it. I was quite nervous.... My first one was FLYING OVER, I didn't really come out. After that first one, it actually wasn't too bad. I started gaining that confidence and realized it was a fluke that one time and to trust myself.

It's not just that dive I have been getting frustrated about.... I am having a serious time with my 107c (front three and half somersaults). I can figure out the heel drive to get into the dive on a one and a half and sometimes a two and a half, but as soon as I get to 3meter I draw into my flip rather than throw. I am lucky to have a good teammate who sits and breaks it down with me. Being an athlete having video replay is one of the most valuable things to have. I'm a visual learner so seeing all of my issues in front of me can help me start to fix all of them.

I just hope I can get past this frustration and even being nervous on the dive so I can start putting it down.

-Kersten xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment