Sunday, July 21, 2013

Big leaps of faith

During the conference I attended over a month ago now there was an amazing inspirational speaker, Ann Gaffigan. Ann was a pro track and field athlete, she ran the steeplechase. She has this amazing story of everything she had to overcome to be where she wanted to be in life. The thing that hit me the most was her talking about in high school she was her happiest and a few years later in her life the relationships she had and where she wanted to be where not what she needed. She felt like she was trapped in a box and couldn't escape. That's when she needed to make a change, take a leap of faith.

I am working on trying to surround myself with good people in my life. People who respect my values and make me a better person. I was in a situation where I was changing who I was to make someone else happy. It's been difficult trying to break out of it, trying to start over.

You want to know what the best part about being at the bottom is? You can only go up, and you climb anyway you want too.

I started packing on Friday to move out and move back into my old place, a place that I absolutely love with an amazing roommate, and it hit me. I am starting over. I am on my own again. It's exciting though in a lot of ways. A nice change, a place to surround myself with amazing friends. It is also sad, I helped to create a beautiful home, a place of happiness and a place I could just relax. It is all bittersweet. Leaving behind the cutest dog, a beautiful home and a lot of memories is a little difficult. But I know I have all of my amazing friends and family behind me, and that makes me smile and makes me realize I am quite lucky.

Tomorrow and the next little bit I will be taking a leap of faith. Wish me luck.

-Kersten xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment