Monday, July 22, 2013

Dear motivation where are you?

I had morning practice at the outdoor pool, so that meant 10meter. I woke up in a good mood and decided to give it everything I had today. No excuses. No complaints. Give it 110 percent.

Who would have thought that's all I needed to have a good practice? Today I did three dives up on 10meter: 5253B (back two and a half somersaults with one a half twists in the pike position), 405B (inward two and a half somersaults in the pike position) and 107B (front three and a half somersaults in the pike position). They weren't that bad either. I also worked on my reverse build ups and arm stand build ups. I left feeling accomplished and ready to take on my day.

I haven't said too much about my math class I am taking this summer as there isn't much to tell. It has been one of those classes where I'm questioning how it is even a class. Don't get me wrong I am loving the fact I just have to show up to class to get 100, but I haven't learned a single thing... A little frustrating, but hey at least I am going to pass.

Heading into work this afternoon I started thinking a lot about who I am, where I want to be and everything in between. Lately when I say I want to do something I find every excuse to avoid it, training included. I don't really know what is holding me back, but it is killing my motivation. I have an extensive to-do list and I feel like I am adding things on the list instead of crossing them out. I just need to buckle down and get to it. I think after moving back in with my amazing roommate Bridget and her friend Lauren I will be in a better place. That's another thing I was suppose to move a bunch of things to the condo and that never got done. Where is my motivation at? Even at work I am struggling to work on some tasks that need to be done.

I think it is almost a matter of WHERE DO I START? I have such a long list with so many things on it I don't even want to think about most of them. They are tedious and frustrating. I have realized lately I have too much on my plate. I know I never thought I would ever say that, but it's true. I am overwhelmed with so much going on and I need to step back and realized what I need to do and what I just want to do and make some cuts.

If anyone has any thoughts on where to find that motivation let me know.

Happy Monday

-Kersten xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment