Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Look at how far you have come

This morning I had practice at cottonwood. I am still trying to kick this cold so a little worried on the sinuses... Turns out it was a great practice. I brought another dive up to 10meter today. Inward, my not so favorite direction. There was this younger boy up on 10meter too he has just learned a build up for the first time and then went straight up to 10meter to do the dive! WOW! That's all I kept thinking. How he just shrugged it off and did the dive. If he could just get up there and do it without even really prepping for it man there are a lot of dives I should be doing.

I took that attitude and really worked at my armstand. I have a lot of issues with it and always underestimate the fact that I can actually do it. So I reminded myself that I could do it and well it actually worked. Mind over matter. Your mind is more powerful than you think; with diving being a mental sport it makes sense.

There is this amazing young girl who trains out at cottonwood and she is I believe around fifteen years old. Today practice just got the best of her. I hate seeing other people upset, especially with diving. If I could give her or really anyone any advice it would be remember how far you have come not how far you still have to go.  I added the photo above on Instagram as a small reminder to myself on my own diving. Write down your goals, write down how practice went. Keep a journal of your thoughts and how you're feeling. Everyone needs an outlet and especially as an athlete venting helps, even if it is not to a person.

Afternoon practice was another really good one. I worked on my front three and a half somersaults again too. Better attitude this time and well attitude changes everything. It worked out. My 1meter was coming along great too. Worked on some reverse and backs!

Life outside of diving well that's another story. Here at work again. Have to pay the bills somehow eh? Social life feels non existent, but I know it's there.

My really good friend and co-worker came in all bubbly today and told me that she has fallen in love with this new TV Show "New Girl" and the main character Jess; how she lives her life so happily. Kailey and I decided to be a little more like Jess today.

-Kersten xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment