Monday, July 8, 2013

Happy Monday

It's funny I am a person to actually enjoy Mondays, Tuesdays aren't my favorite. This is only because weekdays are extremely busy for me and weekends I kind of catch up on sleep... Kind of being used loosely. Tuesdays are hard because you already had to be up early one day and your body is just not liking you!

I decided that writing on the weekends might not always work just because I'm not really diving. I will however try and let you know what it is like to try to have a "normal" college experience on the weekends. Mine is usually filled of work, work and more work.

Summer practices have some advantages. I was so exhausted and did not think I would be able to get into the pool not to mention dive off of 10meter so I talked to my coach and he said we could move morning practice until Tuesday! Lucky right?

So season must be around the corner as our new head coach sent out an email for the upcoming year. It is looking quite amazing. Training trip to Hawaii, competing against some amazing PAC 12 schools. Only thing that really made my stomach turn was the condition aspect......

As part of the evaluation process for selecting our early travel squad, you will be evaluated on a number of fitness tests over the first 3-4 weeks of the season.  These may include any or all of a 1-mile run, pull-ups (max), sit-ups (in 1 min), push-ups (in 1 min), jump-rope (5min max), 

With that in mind I decided to give a one mile run a shot. Caleb being the awesome teammate he is decided to give it a go with me. Well he didn't make the full mile, but he was definitely on a six and a half minute mile pace. I thought I was running a mile, turns out it was a little less. I ran it in seven minutes and six seconds, so in reality I could do around an eight minute mile. My goal is seven minutes.... There is still a lot to go. I haven't attempted the other things yet. I think I should try and work on this everyday.

Diving was another good practice. I'm starting to see things all coming together. During that time of basics after basics. Hurdle after hurdle I couldn't see anything good coming out of it. I was annoyed and frustrated, but now I am beyond excited seeing the results.

Today was my first day back on 3meter. Oh how I do NOT like 3meter haha. I did a good solid 20 front three and a half somersaults. That is honestly the hardest dive I have in my list! There were a few moments I wanted to completely give up. I didn't understand what I was doing wrong, but it just wasn't working. I just kept going with it. My full outs were actually quite good for first day back. Looking forward to having a solid 3meter list... maybe minus the three and a half.

-Kersten xo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment