Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Canada Day

EH!

Yes I am Canadian and very proud of it. Even though I am in America I still celebrated. I think one of the hardest things about being an international D1 athlete is being away from home, especially when holidays come around. My family was able to go to a huge amusement park in Canada and my brother was able to go to a lake with some friends. I still had class and practice, but I had some amazing friends who still made my day special.

Practice was different today as Richard is off recruiting so it was just my teammate Caleb and I getting work done. It wasn't too bad of a practice. As an athlete I always love someone else giving an opinion on my dives. A second look tends to catch something the first look didn't see. Caleb is great for that! He always sees things in my dives no one else does, that's why he is a wicked coach! He coaches a country club team during the day when he isn't diving. I'm lucky to have him as a teammate and as a friend. 

For a second day in a row I ran 5km on the treadmill. For anyone who knows me that is a shock! I'm loving it! Just me and my music giving it my all. I ran it in a little under 30 minutes, but I know I will improve. I'm looking to run a 10km race at the end of this summer, it will be a lot of work, but since there are no dives and I'm super competitive I need something to work for. Wish me luck!

It's not always work, work, work... Well mostly in my case ha-ha, but I was able to end Canada Day by making some homemade poutine and Nanaimo Bars. They were DELICIOUS! I could have ate a whole pan, but with training, never a good idea! Glad I have some good guy friends who gladly took them off my hands.

-Kersten xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment